GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
FINANCE (FR.I) DEPARTMENT
Cir.Memo. No. 15620/C/250/FR.I/2008 Dated: 04-06-2008.
Sub: Earned Leave – Surrender of Earned Leave –
Encashment of during the Financial year 2008-09
Instructions - Issued.
Ref: 1.G.O.Ms.No.172, Fin. & Plg.(FW.FR.I) Deptt.,
2.G.O.Ms.No.221, Fin.& Plg.(FW.FR.I) Deptt.,
In the Government order 1st cited, instructions were issued permitting the Government employees to surrender earned leave not exceeding 15 days once in a year without actually going on leave and to receive leave salary in lieu of the leave so surrendered. If the interval between two surrenders is 24 months or longer, the Government employees were permitted to surrender earned leave not exceeding 30 days.
2. In the reference 2nd cited it was ordered that temporary Government servants appointed under Rule 10 (a) (i) of the A.P. State and Subordinate Service Rules will also be eligible to surrender fifteen days of earned leave when the earned leave at their credit is thirty days as on the date of surrender of leave, once at an interval of twenty-four months.
3. Government have decided and hereby issue instructions that the schedule for the surrender / encashment of earned leave for the current financial year 2008-2009 to regulate the expenditure as follows:-
September & October, 2008 … Last Grade employees
November & December, 2008 … N.G.Os. including Police
personnel and Teachers
January & February, 2009 … Gazetted Officers
including AIS Officers.
4. Government may permit the employees who have a balance of more than 285 days of E.L. as on 30th June 2008 to surrender E.L. without waiting for their turn.
5. Government hereby permit those All India Service Officers, who have a balance of more than 285 days of earned leave as on 30th June, 2008 to surrender earned leave without waiting for their turn i.e., January and February, 2009.
6. Government hereby clarify that 15 days are to be allowed in one financial year and 30 days in two financial years and the condition of 12 / 24 months mentioned in the G.O., 1st cited is need not be followed in those cases of All India Service Officers, who have a balance of more than 285 days as on 30th June, 2008.
7. Government hereby also extend the facility of encashment of earned leave to the All India Service Officers soon after their central posting is received, without waiting for their turn i.e., January and February, 2009.
8. Further as per the instructions contained in the Cir. Memo. 3rd cited that in the case of employees who surrender earned leave as on 1st January or 1st July in any year, the number of days of earned leave so surrendered should, in the first instance, be deducted from the earned leave account and thereafter the advance credit of earned leave as per eligibility due for that half year be added as on 1st January / 1st July, are also to be followed during the current financial year 2008-2009.
9. In the Memo., 4th cited instructions have been issued that the Government employees who are due to retire before the period fixed for the surrender of earned leave in the Memo.No.8903/69-A/241/FR.I/89-1, dt.31-03-1989 may be allowed to encash the earned leave if they so desire, before the period when the surrender of earned leave normally becomes due. These instructions shall also be followed during the financial year 2008-2009.
10. The Departments of Secretariat / Heads of Departments are requested to keep these instructions in view while sanctioning the surrender of earned leave for purpose of encashment during the financial year 2008-2009.
11. All the Treasury Officers / State Audit Authorities, Pay and Accounts Office, Hyderabad and Deputy Financial Advisor, Projects / Directors of Accounts of Major Projects are requested to follow these instructions scrupulously while dealing with the bills for encashment of earned leave during the financial year 2008-2009.
12. These instructions are available in the Internet and can be accessed at the address http://aponline.gov.in.
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)
All the Departments of Secretariat.
All the Heads of Departments.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director of State Audit, A.P., Hyderabad.
All the District Collectors.
All the District Treasury Officers.
The Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
TheA.P.Secretariat Association, Hyderabad.